Translate

quarta-feira, 5 de fevereiro de 2020

Mississippi Angel ๐Ÿ’™✒๐Ÿ“ƒ





Mississippi Angel


You could soothe my pain
Could you take this dagger from my chest
Your hands are soft as the hands of an angel
Just tell me everything will be fine

I just wanted to get some rest and give my horse water
We've been on the road for over 20 days
And I still haven't reached my destination
I saw the sky turn blue
When I crossed the Mississippi

The cotton fields look like snowflakes
You hear the blues every time the sun rises
And the lonely hearts
Always find a lover
At the river's edge

I could sing you a sweet serenade
While the moon watches over us from above
Baby, you're so beautiful it makes my breath stop
I've never been in the ocean
But your blue eyes make me sink

I don't know your name
But if angels exist
I'm in the arms of an angel



๐Ÿ’™

Nenhum comentรกrio:

Postar um comentรกrio