Translate

terรงa-feira, 4 de setembro de 2018

๐ŸŒ•"I walked with the devil on Beale Street"๐ŸŽธ๐ŸŽผ




I walked with the devil on Beale Street


I feel a good feeling this morning
The sun came to visit my window
Mercy my Lord!
I think I was forgiven the sins I committed last night
I went to meet my old friend at the crossroads
We lit a bonfire on the edge of the Mississippi
We bring and play blues until three in the morning
The moon was naked in the sky and regaled with his starry mantle
I could hear the whispers and singing that came from the cotton fields
I remembered my grandfather, the calluses he had in his hands
"Be proud of my old william"
I also have calluses on my guitar playing
"We will play one more, mister black cape"
"We will draw the attention of those beautiful girls"
"It's what I always say: Hot night, hot girls"
As soon followed into the night, drink, blues, girls
howl at the moon, we played like two mad dogs
Then we went walking on Beale Street

My friend, if I tell you will not believe
But I walked with the devil on Beale Street
My friend, if I tell you will not believe
But I walked with the devil on Beale Street

My God, what have I done?
My girl does not deserve it
Oh! My baby
"My sweet Bessie"
I am a good man, my lord
I am honest man
I do not want to lose me in that crossroads
It is the fault of the blues, those up street girls
I will not hurt my wife
I do not want her to return to Georgia
Please my lord, do not let me go out tonight
If she pick me, I will not say
She calls me every night, sent by him
Not my God! He's not my brother, even though we are very close
He taught me to play guitar when he was a boy
Old William  introduced me
At that time it was still innocent
And the drinks were banned here in Mississippi
Who released the drinks?
I see the sun gives my window
Tell my God, you forgave me?
I'll wash that face, and fulfill my obligation of working man
My work song
Tomorrow is Sunday, we all go to church
If you arrive at night, and show up at my window
If you call me
That sweet moon, insane
I will not go
I will meet him at that crossroads
Maybe just one more night, who knows
Just tonight
Let's walk on Beale Street
One more time

My friend, if I tell you will not believe
But I walked with the devil on Beale Street
My friend, if I tell you will not believe
But I walked with the devil on Beale Street ...







๐Ÿ’™

Nenhum comentรกrio:

Postar um comentรกrio